Hospitals & Health Systems
Partnering to deliver pharmacy care and an improved overall healthcare experience
Why Elixir is the Right PBM Partner for Hospitals & Health Systems
Elixir isn’t your typical pharmacy benefit management (PBM) company… In fact, we’re working very hard to be not just different than the rest, but better. Here's How
Scale & Flexibility: Large enough to compete and flexible enough to deliver on client requirements
Retail, mail and specialty pharmacy services. We are part of Rite Aid, a Fortune 200 company, which not only gives us the strength to compete aggressively on discounts, rebates and anciliary fees, it also creates enterprise-wide pharmacy services. This means over 2,000 retail stores in 17 states and over 6,300 pharmacists corporate-wide who deliver multiple opportunities for a high-touch member experience throughout the pharmacy value chain, through counseling in our specialty and mail facilities, virtual online chat, in a retail setting or in our call centers.
Support of dispensing channels that align with your strategies. We understand that you want to maximize use of your in-house pharmacies for a number of reasons—and we are pharmacy agnostic. We work with you to implement a custom network so you can retain optimal in-house pharmacy revenue.
Transparent data steward. Transparency isn’t just a pricing option with us. It means contract language that’s easy to understand, with straightforward definitions and exclusions, and you have full data rights. We provide you with ALL of your data because it belongs to you.
Industry Knowledge & Expertise: Pharmacy benefits veterans recognized as a top 10 PBM1
Over 20 years of serving hospitals and health systems. We’re not new to pharmacy benefits or your industry—some of our earliest clients were hospitals and health systems. When we were founded over 20 years ago, we were a pioneer in rebate transparency and the first to provide point-of-sale rebates. Our employer clients have an average tenure of more than eight years with us. Over the past two decades, we’ve helped our hospital and health systems clients understand the trends, overcome challenges and create solutions unique to their populations.
Full pharmacy care experience. As a full-service PBM, we have been purposely built and own all the assets needed to give your pharmacy program control, stability, scale and privacy:
- Industry leading adjudication platform, offering flexibility, efficiency and data privacy protection
- Accredited mail and specialty pharmacies, creating an exceptional member experience, waste reduction and cost savings
- Population health services through our sister company, Health Dialog
- Prescription discount programs for uninsured and under-insured individuals and groups
More quality accreditations than most PBMs. As a provider of healthcare services, you know how important quality is to all. Elixir is one of only two PBMs to earn all four core PBM accreditations by URAC. Additionally, we have several accreditations from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) and National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP).
Consultative & Trusted Advisor: Our real strength is our people.
Dedicated hospital and health system teams. Elixir has over 1,500 associates—true pharmacy professionals—who work toward our mission of helping achieve whole health for life. With hundreds of years of combined healthcare experience with hospitals and health systems, a dedicated account team puts their expertise to work for you. This means those you work with are well versed in the challenges you face every day and offer solutions that work.
All groups, no matter the size, are supported by a dedicated account executive, account manager and clinical account executive, who meet with you regularly for ongoing alignment, strategy and interventions to drive goals. Our clients have rated our responsive account teams with a 99% client satisfaction rate.
Facilitator of value-added clinical services. Elixir has the resources, expertise and willingness to customize its clinical support for the unique needs of each health system client, including:
- Proactive support for your internal P&T committee, from drug monographs, drug reviews and Elixir P&T committee meeting minutes to active or passive pharmacist participation in your P&T committee meetings
- Insight into impactful formulary changes and the ability to implement select changes or a fully customized formulary, driven by your preferred products
- Actionable reporting (physician report cards) to increase adherence to preferred prescribing patterns
- Collaboration to analyze 340B pricing versus manufacturer assistance discounts to maximize plan savings on a drug-by-drug basis
Industry leading specialty solutions. With specialty approaching 50% of drug spend, Elixir has created industry leading specialty solutions, which include our own specialty pharmacy, a best-in-class network, access to limited distribution drugs, and a unique and proven process for working with alternative payers.
Most importantly, we spend the necessary time per member assessing and closing gaps in care, enabling behavioral change and improving health outcomes. Proving that our specialty care management works, we have achieved a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 82, which is eight points higher than the national average.*
* NPS is one of the most used satisfaction indicators in all industries, based on one question, “would you refer Elixir Specialty to someone else?”